Undead Outbreak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undead Outbreak

A place for all your undead needs!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brave New World

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NightSausage
Admin
NightSausage

Brave New World Empty
PostSubject: Brave New World   Brave New World Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:00 am

Brave New World Braven11
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my story of the infection, and my journey while enduring it. If you are finding this, it probably means I didn't make it, but hopefully you can come to understand it, and learn from it, and survive by better understanding this new world.

Day 1: The End
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It all started so fast, that's how the movies start it. I've seen them all, but there was no way that I could have imagined that they were wrong.

It actually started extremely slow.

There was a couple weird stories on the news, all over the internet, in articles that normal reporters wrote. Most of them made it seem like some druggy just took a little too many bath salts and ate some innocent person. That's all they seemed to be, was stories of some druggies freaking out and doing some crazy stuff all over the country, but weeks and some times months apart.

After a while, the stories stopped, and a lot of people just...forgot. But then...the stories started again, but they were slightly different... They were still supposedly druggies, but for some reasons, when the authorities got there, the victims and suspects were both gone, and nothing but a bloody mess, and the witnesses remained. There were only 3 that made it to the news, over the span of about 2 weeks. The first 2 were both from different parts of the world, and between 1 suspect, and between 1 and 2 victims, but the third was the one that was interesting. It was still one suspect, but after his first attack, his victim became the second attacker, and it started to spread. Soon a whole city was quarantined and the only news we could get was that it was safe.

Boy were they wrong....

Day 39: Panic
I can't believe how some of the other survivors are acting. I figured, if anything, people would be looting for food, and things that they will need to survive long term, but I see more people stealing electronics; and other useless things now. The weird thing is, the power is still on. The movies always show that power goes out as soon as the shit hits the fan, once again, they got something wrong.

Well I don't have much faith that it will stay on much longer, I mean, who would keep working there job with a global pandemic such as this? Anyways, a lot of the stores around here have survivors locked inside in hopes of staying safe, or have been picked clean. I'm heading to the SPCA later today, it'll be risky with all the animals there making noise, but I'll get in quick and get as many of the meds as I can, and then release them...Hell they deserve a shot too. I can't believe all the useful information in this stupid little fake survival manual I got from the Gamestop Power Rewards, before all this started. Thank the heavens that there is a list of what each animal medicine is, in comparison to what we need, who would have thought its the same stuff?

After I pick up what I need from there, I'll be heading to the old distribution warehouse I worked at just a short month or so ago. I'll stay there for a couple days and plan for where I go next. I'm trying to avoid all groups that I can. After all of the shit I have seen groups of people, doing to other survivors....it makes me sick. I mean, we aren't going to beat this apocalypse by killing each other. So, I guess for now I'm flying solo, atleast that way I can ration the food that I had at the house...
Will update soon...

Day 67: Government Broadcast
As I expected, the power went out about a week ago, and hasn't come back since. A lot of panic followed, but a lot of people have been expecting it. I still haven't left this warehouse, but I found some of the wind up radios, and threw one in my pack. I wound it up, and turned it on, for the first time this morning. For a couple of hours it was just what I expected; static. I didn't mind just hearing static, hell...it beat hearing myself breathe, or the groans of the infected outside the gate. Speaking of the infected outside the gate; a few of them got caught in the barbed wire on top of the fence, so I took some time and tried to learn more about them.

It seems as if they don't feel any pain, or think about anything, but that's to be expected. The few that got caught in the fence seem to have not been dead for long. One or two more have gotten stuck in the barbed wire the past few days, that appear to have been dead for a long time. It's strange though, normally a body decomposes at a more rapid rate, could the virus be the reason the aren't decomposing as rapidly?

Anyways, about the radio...I was flipping through stations while eating my dinner rations today, and after about an hour of pointless hope; I actually got something. It seems the government has just now, but finally, issued the state of emergency broadcast. It's the same stupid lines they play in the movies, so I don't know why it gives me hope, it is better than nothing though.

I plan on packing up and moving on in a week or two. I have about three weeks of rations for myself right now, but I know of a back road, family owned diner that not many people know about, that is about a two hour walk from here. I'm going to go there tomorrow night and load up, and bring back what I can. After I get my gear together by the end of next week, I'll start heading Northwest. I heard from a group passing by that Canada is closing off the border. I'm hoping the infected can't survive the cold of winter, so I am heading as North as the good ol' U.S.A will get me, to make sure it will be a good and cold winter. I'm used to cold winters, being from upstate New York, but I'm thinking Wisconsin would be a good place to be. People there are planned for long, freezing winters, and that means it won't be hard to find a place to hunker down and wait for spring, and hopefully a new beginning.

Day 73: Moving On
I decided to pack up and leave the warehouse last night. I was going to wait until morning but I heard some gunshots from the houses that were down the road, and a lot of the dead started to wander towards me, so I got out of there as fast as I could pack up my stuff. I'm camped up on an old hiking trail right now.

I took a detour this morning to go check out the local Cabelas, and see if it was picked through. As it turned out, there was actually a group of survivors in there, but not terrible people, just scared and hungry. I traded them a box of MRE's that I found back at the diner, for a tent and some other minor camping supplies. The oldest guy was also kind enough to give me one of the rifles from the store with a box of ammunition. So I'd like to say how much i appreciated that, it really upped my chance for survival.

I actually found myself torn between staying with the group, or moving on. I asked what their plans were, as far as medium term survival. They seemed pretty stuck at staying in the store, they had a group of kids to protect after all. It is a risky move on their part, but I understand it, besides its a big sturdy building, I wish them the best. I circled some places on the map of the surrounding area, in which they could get some supplies, mostly places like warehouses, family owned businesses, off of the beaten path, so they had a better chance of actually finding goods. I think they were going to put together a group to hit up one of the places this evening, I hope they're safe.

Well, I'm about to finish my can of beans, and read a chapter from my book, then crash for the night. In the morning I'm going to start heading north. I don't have a car, not sure I'd want one anyways, from what I hear they attract the infected like crazy. Not to mention gasoline is just another thing I'd have to struggle to get. I don't know how much longer I should stay by myself. That group opened my eyes to how much you need people covering your back, as well as you covering there backs. I provided them with as much information, and supplies that I could spare. Best of luck to them, and the rest of you survivors out there.

Day 113: Long Time No Write
Wow, it's been a while since I've gotten a chance to just sit down, and record my thoughts and recent journey. Where do I even start...
Well I started heading north last time I wrote so I guess I'll start with what happened. One night, about a week or so after I started my long walk, I had my tent set up in the woods out behind a housing complex. I was a good distance from it, up on a hill, but close enough that I could hear the groans of the infected still roaming through what would otherwise be a ghost town. I had just stomped out my fire, and finished my small meal, and heading into the tent I heard a group start screaming. I pulled my binoculars out of my pack and looked down at where I thought I heard it coming from, to see nothing.

After what seemed like hours of watching to see what was going on passed, it was only a few short moments. I heard 9 gunshots, from what sounded like 2 different guns. One sounded like a higher 5.56 caliber rifle, and the other sounded like a 9mm pistol. Finally I spotted where the muzzle flashes were coming from. A group of about 11 survivors were held up in a 2 story house in the complex, for the night.
I grabbed my gun, and my pack, and started down the hill to try to get as many of them out of there as I could. By the time I got there, they had 6 people left standing, and the infected were having a feast on their friends. I apparently startled the woman with the pistol, because she turned around and shot me in the shoulder.

Anyways, to cut the story short. I blacked out after I got shot, and when I woke up, I was back at my camp, with my bag, gun, and tent along with all my supplies inside it were still there. I had company, the group waited until the house cleared, around 7 in the morning, and apparently got the information out of me, of where I was set up. The lady that shot me was luckily a student nurse, who wasn't nearly as experienced as I would have preferred, but she got me fixed up.

The group was pretty kind, and were in no way up for leaving each others side. I don't even remember the last time I was as close to even one person, as they were with each other. It was almost as if the outbreak had united them as a family, where as it tore me away from mine. However, they were open to my plan of heading north, and seeing as they had 2 children with them, I didn't have it in me to deny them of shadowing me up there.

So we are camped in a small town in Indiana now. We have been here about a week, and acquired 4 new members to our group, great..right? Myself and 3 other of the men have been picking up supplies that have been left in the town, scavenging through houses, and small stores. We should be heading out in another week or so, once we have enough supplies for our journey.

We are getting ever closer to Wisconsin, and it seems as though we are going to have to endure a tough winter. I don't know if this is a blessing, or a curse. I'm hoping we can make it to Northern Wisconsin within a month, but at this pace, we will either have to hunker down, speed up, or travel during winter. Whichever it is, I really hope it affects the undead, whether it completely terminates them, or just incapacitates them for a few months, atleast we would all get a break.

5 Years, Give or Take
I just found this at the bottom of my pack. It has been so long since I have had the time to sit and write. I lost track of how many days since the outbreak began. It's been around 5 years now, give or take a couple months. I'm not sure I should continue even writing...This thing is doing nothing but wasting space I could be using for better things. I have been using pages to help start my fires, while I sit and look at the remaining blanks, just trying to imagine where to begin.

About a year ago, there was a broadcast on the radio. It was finally something new, after years of spamming the same shit; to just stay inside and lock all windows and doors. It was from a member of the CDC, and about what started the outbreak, and what all of it means for humanity. It seems its not a virus after all, but rather some sort of mutated plant. I have started noticing some of the infected have strange growths starting on their bodies lately. The ones that have the growths seem to have been dead for a remarkable amount of time. The rest of the world is no better off than we are, from what the CDC says. Atleast they are still in the labs trying to work this thing out...however pointless it is.

Anyways, I'm no longer with a group. It's been months since I have even spoken with a real, living, breathing human. It's too risky anymore to make direct contact with anyone, it seems everyone is too scared, and will just shoot on sight. I'd rather not say what happened to the group I was with, but I started this journal to inform whoever may so find it some day. So maybe after this bottle of whiskey, and a can of these gross butter beans, I may sit down and write again. I'll update on what has happened in the absence of my writing...

Winter
So I figured I should sit down and explain what happened in the absence of writing. First off, thinking the winter would affect the infected was an honest mistake, but a terrible one. We got to Wisconsin, about a month into winter. I hate that damned state, coldest I think I've ever been. Anyways, the infected weren't affected by it at all, besides the normal stumble in the deep snow. It wasn't enough to keep me in a state where I stood less of a chance of surviving the winter, than they did.
I'm back in Ohio right now, camping on the edge of a treeline right off of what used to be a nice little farm. A lot of the crop is still growing, so I have been able to keep myself fed, and not on the shitty canned foods I'm used to. I got to tell ya, fresh vegetables seem like a godsend anymore....never thought I'd hear myself say that back in the day.
I found a warehouse about 10 minutes from here, and took the chain link fence that I found wound up, and some fence posts. I wouldn't mind fencing this place up, and holding it off, but by myself, that won't really be possible. I'll keep my gear in my truck, and hidden, so that I have a bug out plan if things turn to shit. I wish it wasn't some damned hard to trust people anymore, I seen a group pass through the area about a week ago. I sure miss company, loneliness is terrible, this book is about the only company I have anymore. Oh well, one can hope some day this world will turn around and people will return to normal...One can hope..

Last edited by NightSausage on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:30 am; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://undeadoutbreak.forumotion.com
NightSausage
Admin
NightSausage

Brave New World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brave New World   Brave New World Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:08 am

Reserved.

Last edited by NightSausage on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NightSausage
Admin
NightSausage

Brave New World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brave New World   Brave New World Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Reserved. I am having fun writing this, so I might need quite a bit of room.
Back to top Go down
Driving Unicorns Mad
Undead Response Team (URT)
Driving Unicorns Mad

Brave New World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brave New World   Brave New World Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:46 am

Write more! Please? xD No pressure, haha. I love it (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brave New World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brave New World   Brave New World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brave New World
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Undead Outbreak :: Outbreak Main :: Survivor Stories-
Jump to: